Monday, April 29, 2013

On this day in Moonstone . . . #4


I'm preparing my second book of the Mystic Stones Series for release, and the story just happens to begin on April 26, 2013! So, until the 30th I'll be releasing an unedited excerpt of Moonstone each day. Each excerpt will take place on the same day it actually takes place in the book!

So, on April 29, 2013 in Moonstone, this happens . . .


Aila woke to her alarm clock. Immediately she looked around for Dorin, her heart fluttering. Disappointment crossed her face when she realized he was gone, and then she found the note. Her heart pounded again, she couldn’t stand the thought of him leaving her. As she read the note, she realized she shouldn’t have worried.

Aila,
I hope you slept well. I left last night because I knew you weren’t ready for me to stay the night quite yet. I wanted to be respectful of your wishes, so I made sure you were comfortable and went to my room. I hope I did the right thing. Today we set off for Jacksonville. Please join me for breakfast if you wish. I know you always wake at seven, so I will be by at eight to wish you good morning in person.
Dorin

Aila breathed a sigh of relief. She was happy to see that he hadn’t decided to leave without her. She couldn’t wait to see him again. With excitement as her fuel to get going, she got dressed and put on her make-up in only half an hour. She had her bags packed by the time a knock came at her door. She rushed to greet Dorin with a smile on her face.

When she opened the door, there he was, smiling and leaning on the entrance way wall in the sexy manner he always did. His dark hair fell to his cheek and his perfect teeth showed through his smile. His brown eyes stared into hers and held her blue eyes captive.

“Good morning,” Aila managed to say.

Dorin kissed her and whispered, “Good morning, my dear.”


No comments:

Post a Comment