Thursday, April 25, 2013

A to Z Challenge - Day 22: V is for Vampire! (duh)

Hey guys! This month is going to be awesome because I'm participating in the A to Z Challenge. That means I'll be posting every day but Sundays on a letter themed topic and I'm going to try to involve the paranormal as much as possible.

The paranormal being for today is the Vampire. Vampires are extremely popular these days. They are the subject of books, TV shows and movies. They also star in my Mystic Stones Series. Of course, these creatures vary with the person who writes about them. The traditional vamp can't have garlic, can't go in the sun, dies with a wooden stake to the heart, and sometimes turns into a bat. Other popular themes include no reflection in the mirror, and not showing up in photos. Most importantly, all vampires have one thing in common. Blood and fangs. (With the exception of the Twilight vampires, who have no fangs. That is my biggest pet peeve about the series.) In the book list today you'll see a series with an evolved vampire called the Vaempire. It's a great series by Thomas Winship. Check it out!!

"V" books:


Vaempires: Revolution
Vaempires: White Christmas
Vaempires: Zombie Rising
Vigilare
Vigilare: Hell Hound

"V" characters:


4 comments:

  1. Fun blog! I enjoy paranormal themes in stories/movies/etc, though I don't read much of it. I did go through a vampire kick a while back (way before the Twilight books)

    Happy A-Zing! Just a few days left to go! (Then what will we all blog about?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for reinventing myth, but I do prefer the more traditional vampire that is all out scary and would not set foot near a high school, unless it was to lunch on some students. I like my vampires ancient, and creepy. Thanks for sharing a book series I haven't heard of!

    Nice to meet you through the A to Z Challenge! Here's mine for today: A Girl and her Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. My post was about vampires too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think in a world where anything is possible you can craft your own myths as well as use historical. Stopping by on the AtoZchallenge.
    http://www.rowenamayosullivan.com/p/a-z-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete