Thursday, April 4, 2013

A to Z Challenge - Day 4: D is for Doppelganger!

Hey guys! This month is going to be awesome because I'm participating in the A to Z Challenge. That means I'll be posting every day but Sundays on a letter themed topic and I'm going to try to involve the paranormal as much as possible.

Your paranormal beings for the day are the Demon, Devil and Doppelganger. The Demon and the Devil are very similar. In most stories, Demons do the Devil's dirty work. Doppelgangers are basically a duplicate of a human. They are known to be evil and sometimes try to take over the life of the person they have duplicated. (Sounds like a version of a changeling huh?) One of the most famous Dopplegangers right now is Elena and Katherine in Vampire Diaries.

Next up, we have the "D" books:


Damaged Goods by Alexandra Allred
Dark Matter: Elemental Enmity Series #2 by Christie Rich
Dead Like Me by Kelly Miller
Deal Me Out by Tom Immins
Detecting Magic with Dick Hunter: The Mort des Hommes Files by A. Jarrel Hayes

Some authors with a last name beginning with "D"

Marylou Depeiza
Pippit Di
Jacob Donley
Kyra Dune

A little known fact: My maiden name is Dodson.

Last but not least, characters with "D" names: (Looks like I only came up with one)

Deidre-Lichgates by S. M. Boyce (FREE!)



8 comments:

  1. rummaging through my head for "D" named authors

    Happy "D"Day Kayla

    My poem today is a A Dream of Love (nothing dark today)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by from the A-Z List to say "Hi" and good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Dopplegangers were all considered evil, but now that you mention it does make sense. Have you seen previews for that new show Orphan Black with the clones?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today on the "A to Z" challenge. I'm following back and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they all have to be evil. In the vampire diaries (at least on the TV show) Katherine is Elena's Greatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandmother. In this situation Katherine is the evil one, but not because of the Doppelganger thing.

      I think I have heard of Orphan Black, but I'm not too familiar with it. I'll have to check it out though. It sounds interesting.

      Delete
  4. Such an informative way of sharing new info. I like your multiple list idea. With doppelganger I think of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Thanks for sharing.

    This post is featured in my 1st recap post. Here's the link: http://masqueradecrew.blogspot.com/2013/04/some-great-posts-i-found-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the idea of bumping into one's Doppelganger is pretty creepy!

    Of course, if you are already a twin you'd be used to it!

    Tui
    visiting from the #AtoZChallenge
    Twitter: @mentalmosaic
    Blog: http://www.mentalmosaic.com/blog

    ReplyDelete