Friday, April 5, 2013

A to Z Challenge - Day 5: E is for Encantado!

Hey guys! This month is going to be awesome because I'm participating in the A to Z Challenge. That means I'll be posting every day but Sundays on a letter themed topic and I'm going to try to involve the paranormal as much as possible.

Today, the paranormal beings I have for you are the Elemental and the Encantado. Elementals are becoming very popular as of late and I do like to read stories about them. The Encantado, however, is rarely discussed in American literature of any sort. This is possibly due to the fact that the legend exists mainly in the Amazon. The Encantado is said to be a dolphin that changed into a hansom human man at night in order to seduce women into joining them forever. The more popular legend is that they become human simply to impregnate human girls and leave them with the child.

Okay, then. On to "E" books:


Elfblood Trilogy #1: Elfblood by Kyra Dune
Elfblood Trilogy #2: The Silver Catacombs by Kyra Dune
Entangled: Spellbound #1 by Nikki Jefford
Erosion of the Heart by Shannon McRoberts

Now for the authors with last names beginning with "E" (Okay, just one again)

Alessandra Ebulu


And finally, characters with "E" names:


9 comments:

  1. Wow! I love learning new things each day.

    And today, it's the Encantado.

    Keep at the A to Z challenge Kayla, you're doing a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have spent my whole life and never thought of using "Encantado" for the letter "E." But I'm glad you did. Another door has opened, and, for me, there are plenty more to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be fair I did some research to come up with that, ha ha! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Encantado sound a lot like an incubus, but I've never heard of it and I really enjoy paranormal stuff. I can't wait to see what else you have to say, I'm subscribing now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of either of those. I'm learning a
    Ot hopping around to different blogs, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I have never heard of Encantado, I certainly have a slight clue now..
    Good post.
    - Your fellow A to Zer
    Visit my post at http://precari0us.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete