Monday, November 5, 2012

NaNoWriMonday My weekly update on how it's going!

Okay, so I've been pretty good. My current word count is 7362. I made my goal on Day 1. Didn't do any writing on Day 2. Day 3 and Day 4 I played catch-up.

So far it is going well. I did run into a little snag when I was trying to write a scene that I hadn't fully researched, but I used the AWESOME forums and posted a question after finding nothing in a google search. Less than 30 minutes later I had an answer. Which is amazing because it was a really difficult and specific question about infrared and amethysts, so THANK YOU to the man who answered my question, you rock!

So, NaNoWriMo is definitely helping me get a good start on book #3. I can't wait to see what the rest of the month holds for me. I did a really basic outline that I'm sticking to pretty well so far, but I usually hit about 10,000 words before I come up with other directions for stories to go.

How are you coming along on NaNoWriMo? Remember, any word count is better than no word count at all!