Monday, November 5, 2012

NaNoWriMonday My weekly update on how it's going!

Okay, so I've been pretty good. My current word count is 7362. I made my goal on Day 1. Didn't do any writing on Day 2. Day 3 and Day 4 I played catch-up.

So far it is going well. I did run into a little snag when I was trying to write a scene that I hadn't fully researched, but I used the AWESOME forums and posted a question after finding nothing in a google search. Less than 30 minutes later I had an answer. Which is amazing because it was a really difficult and specific question about infrared and amethysts, so THANK YOU to the man who answered my question, you rock!

So, NaNoWriMo is definitely helping me get a good start on book #3. I can't wait to see what the rest of the month holds for me. I did a really basic outline that I'm sticking to pretty well so far, but I usually hit about 10,000 words before I come up with other directions for stories to go.

How are you coming along on NaNoWriMo? Remember, any word count is better than no word count at all!

4 comments:

  1. Doing well with NaNo so far. I don't write everyday so I try to hit 3,000 words or so at least four times a week. It's amazing how much I've written in just five days as opposed to how little I'd written in the past 60 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got a slow start, but have rallied and am at 12031 words. The story seems to be rolling. I'll have 50,000 words by the end of the month the major question is will I be at the end of this novel? I have been on a major writing hiatus so this feels good. Good luck to all who enter here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome Ed! Good luck to you as well!

    ReplyDelete