Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Character of the Week

Apparently, I somehow skipped Character of the Week this week. I think it's because I had someone who was unable to do Character of the Week, so I moved someone up and never filled the blank spot.

So, instead of doing a specific character this week, I want to hear from YOU! Who is your favorite character of all time? Mine is Sherlock Holmes. I think Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did a great job in creating a memorable character who has lived in the minds of so many people.

So, let me know! Who is your favorite character and why?

2 comments:

  1. this question is often asked, and i always find it difficult to answer. in 50+ years, a person reads a lot of books :) i really can't say who is my favourite of all times but here is a character, or better, a atrio who i really like: spenser, hawk and susan silverman in robert b. parker's mystery novels. spenser, a literature-quoting, ex-boxer private detective has a compulsion to help very flawed people, and is always accompanied by at least one of his two side kicks. hawk is spenser's best friend, a super sexy african american hit man who amuses himself at times with hiding his wealth and education behind shuck-and-jive. susan silverman s spenser's lover, a jewish feminist therapist who takes forever to get dressed, has no clue how to cook, and exchanges psychological insights with spenser. they have a deeply loving relationship that is unusual and complex. i like those characters because they are vivid, archetypal and easy-to-understand on one level, but underneath that, show a level of intricacy that is always deepening and evolving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I will have to look up those books, they sound very interesting and the characters do too!

    ReplyDelete