Tuesday, April 30, 2013

On this day in Moonstone . . . #5


I'm preparing my second book of the Mystic Stones Series for release, and the story just happens to begin on April 26, 2013! So, until the 30th I'll be releasing an unedited excerpt of Moonstone each day. Each excerpt will take place on the same day it actually takes place in the book!

So, on April 30, 2013 in Moonstone, this happens . . .


“No, Aila. It’s not a joke. I drink blood. I wanted to drink yours. Andrei will want to drink your blood. I’m a vampire and I can prove it, but I don’t want to scare you. That’s why I’m telling you now. He’ll try to tear us apart, but I know you are the one to break my curse.”

“How would you prove it?” Aila asked reluctantly.

“There are a few ways, but the easiest would be if I showed you my fangs, but that’s not a good idea. Don’t worry—I have sworn to myself that I would not drink from you. I don’t want to drink human blood anymore, but it’s the only way I can survive right now.”

Aila seemed to think it over for a moment. She hadn’t suspected anything. Her whole point of view on everything was changing. Dorin didn’t know if it would be in a good way or a disastrous way, but her words came out calmly when she said, “I think I want you to show me. Not because I think you are crazy, but to prove to myself that I am not crazy for believing you.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m ready.”

Dorin opened his mouth and tried to bring out his fangs as slow as possible to show her that he had control and to try not to scare her. Two sharp, white teeth slowly descended from the spot his canines were in. Aila’s curiosity peeked as she stared at them for a long moment with her mouth wide open.

“I felt it,” she said.

Dorin retracted his fangs and asked, “Felt what?”

“I felt the ring push you away. First at the desk . . . and then again in the elevator . . . and when I went to your room to help you with the thermostat. I didn’t wear it on our first date. Then I felt it when you picked me up for our second date. You had me take it off at the museum . . . Oh, my.”

“Yes, I did, but I returned it to you.”

“Yes, but you had so many chances. Why didn’t you . . .”

“I wanted to, but I just couldn’t. You were too perfect. You are too perfect. I can’t ruin the one thing that has brought me humanity in the last 250 years,” Dorin replied.


Well, if you liked the excerpts, sign up to be notified when the book is released!

No comments:

Post a Comment