Friday, April 19, 2013

A to Z Challenge - Day 17: Q is for Quetzalcoatl!

Hey guys! This month is going to be awesome because I'm participating in the A to Z Challenge. That means I'll be posting every day but Sundays on a letter themed topic and I'm going to try to involve the paranormal as much as possible.

The paranormal being for today is the Quetzalcoatl. Believe it or not I actually heard this one the kid show Bubble Guppies. I couldn't figure out what they were saying, but then as I researched paranormal beings I came across it and seeing the word typed out made me realize what they were saying. The Quetzalcoatl is a serpent like deity with feathers. This creature originates in Mesoamerican legends. It's described as snake like, but it's head has a large lion mane around it. Look it up. I bet you've seen an image depicting this creature before.

This is where I usually put in "Q" books and authors, but I was unable to find any to recommend. I'm sure a quick search would turn up some great books and authors, but for the challenge I wanted to stick to books and authors I know to personally recommend. So, I'm leaving it up to you guys. If you know any good "Q" books or authors, please leave them in the comments field!

Here are some "Q" characters:


Quentin-Mirrors of Anguish by R.P. Kraul
Quinlan-The Sin Collector by Jessica Fortunato

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of your blog, it's very cool. I don't know any books that start with Q offhand but just wanted to say I was here and enjoyed your blog!
    Shawn at Laughing at Life 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I'll check out your blog too!

      Delete
  2. That was the coolest Q word of the day. I wouldn't expect anything less from a paranormal blog would I?

    ReplyDelete