Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's a Paranormal Lounge Christmas! #3



Hey everyone! Here is my third installment of the Paranormal Lounge Christmas series. Today I want to talk to you about DECORATIONS! Yes. I am a decorating FREAK! I love to decorate, but unfortunately, my husband won't let me put a paranormal twist on our Christmas decorations, so I'm going to relay my ideas to you! Take 'em or leave 'em!

Idea #1: Dip your glass or plastic balls that hang on the tree into some bright red wax to give them a bloody look. Just hang them up somewhere for a few minutes to let them dry. I'd try to use a harder wax than candle wax. I'm sure you can find that at a craft store. Just make sure the lights on your tree are LED so they don't get hot!

Idea #2: Integrate some of your Halloween decorations into your Christmas decor. You can put little tombstones under your tree and make a grave yard. You can even make our own Christmas themed ones with some make-and-bake clay. Some that say, "Here lies Ebenezer Scrooge" or something along those lines.

Idea #3: Decorate your tree with only white lights and glittery spikes and swirls. It will look like magic! Hey, my husband might actually let me do that one! It may not be overtly paranormal, but you will know what it is and that's all that matters!

Do you guys have any ideas for decorating with a paranormal twist?

4 comments:

  1. I love this post, Kayla! I love Halloween so what I do is leave my Halloween decorations up until after Christmas. When December comes, I integrate my Christmas decorations into my Halloween. It turns out looking very much like a "Nightmare Before Christmas" theme. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to decorate too. Probably, more in the way your husband likes to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to decorate traditionally too, but sometimes I like to change it up!

    ReplyDelete