Friday, June 22, 2012

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Blog Hop

I'm participating in the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Blog Hop!
There are lots of participants and you can see the other participating blogs by clicking on the Blog Hop button on my side panel. Over there------->

Interview with Ava Tanner from Book One of the Mystic Stones Series: Obsidian. Interviewing Ava today, is Aila Myles from the WIP, Book Two of the Mystic Stones Series: Moonstone.

The interview took place at Ava's home in Hilo, Hawaii with the sound of the ocean in the background:


Here is a sketch of Ava in her beach wear:

Ava Tanner in Hawaii.


Aila Myles-Interviewer.
Aila Myles: Wow, it's so beautiful here in Hilo.  Sitting in your backyard, the ocean is so close and the air is so fresh!

Ava Tanner: Yes, I love Hilo, it's such a beautiful place to live and I would never want to live anywhere else on earth. I know it rains a lot, but it's worth it when you can wake up to fresh air and the smell of flowers in the morning!

AM: So, we are here to talk about girl stuff and guys in general. I hear you are in love with a certain someone.

AT: Yes, very much so!

AM: So, what's he like? Was it love at first sight?

AT: He's amazing, and no, it wasn't really love at first sight. You see, when I first met him, I thought he was extremely arrogant, but then he showed his true self and I realized he was actually a great guy. He helped me figure out who I was and really saved me from big trouble.

AM: So, he must be your hero then?

AT: I wouldn’t say that I have only one hero. My heroes are my family and friends that have been helping me throughout this whole ordeal with the vampires. They support me and they saved me from certain death at least once. I’m grateful for Jesse, Hiu, Perry, Edison, Alani, Nalani, Moana, Kapono, Kassidy and even Latoria. I know Latoria and I have our differences, but she’s still going to save my life if given the chance and I’m still going to save hers.

AM: What started this whole mess with Latoria anyways?

AT: Well, like any other girl fight, it was a guy. She wanted Jesse, but he wanted me. I have a feeling that she will get over it soon. I know there is someone out there for her.

AM: What's your biggest date horror story?

AT: I’d say my date with Tom would truly be a horror story looking back on it. It was the day that the satellites went down. We went to a restaurant and he told me about his company trying to buy the company I worked for. I kinda went ballistic, and made a bit of a scene in the restaurant. I couldn’t believe that he took me out on a date just to tell me about the plans for his company. Of course, he calmed me down and offered me a job. Days later I find out he’s actually a vampire trying to take over the world. I’m just glad I made it out of that date alive. I shudder when I think about how the night ended with us being alone at his house.

AM: So, what turns you off from a guy the most?

AT: Well, I hate it when guys try to be controlling. I can't stand a guy that thinks I'm incapable of anything. I can do anything a man can do, and with my new found talents, I can do much more than a man can do!

AM: New found talents? Can you tell us about those?

AT: Nice try, but that's a secret and you will have to read about it in the book about my adventure, Obsidian.

AM: So do you kiss on the first date?

AT: If I'm really feeling a guy, yes. If I think a guy is trying too hard, it's a good-bye at the door.

AM: What gets a guy a second date?

AT: Well, first, he has to be a gentleman on the first date. Second, he has to call me for the second date. I'm old fashioned, I guess.

AM: Me too! Boxers or briefs on your guy?

AT: I like the boxer-briefs. They look casual, but not sloppy.

AM: What attracts you to a guy?

AT: I like an honest guy. Don't get me wrong, I like good-looking guys, but if a good-looking guy is dishonest, he's not worth my time.

AM: What is one thing you believe can tell a lot about a person?

AT: I think the way someone treats you tells a lot about who they are. If someone treats you with respect, then they are a kind upstanding person. If someone treats you like dirt, then they are most likely a person I do not want to be friends with. It all goes back to people skills and whether or not someone can be kind to you.

AM: I agree! Well, Ava, thank you for bringing me into your lovely home and letting me ask you all these questions! I know we will soon meet again!

AT: Thanks for coming, and yes, I will see you soon!


You can learn more about Obsidian: Book One in the Mystic Stones Series at http://sites.google.com/site/kaylacurryauthor!

11 comments:

  1. Eep! I love this Kayla! I turned on your tunage while I read and felt like I was there :D Your girls feel really down to earth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's what I was going for, the characters are definately down to earth in the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their vibe. Very laid back and hippie-ish. I could imagine myself sitting there listening to their convo. Enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sketches! :) Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I like the boxer-briefs. They look casual, but not sloppy." This is exactly how I feel! LOL.

    Great interview, loved their vibe, and loved the relaxed feeling of the interview. Your sketches are great! :D

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! It was a lot of fun! And thank you for hosting this event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how casual and fun this scene is. They truly are comfortable with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers. ^_^
    And yeah, I'm in full agreement with what would've gotten a guy a second date (Though I only ever had one of those).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome interview! The sound of the ocean with soft music was a super nice touch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Sylvia, Aldrea and Jackie!

    ReplyDelete