Saturday, April 21, 2012

100 Proof Novel

I came up with an idea the other day.  I wondered what my book would taste like as an alcoholic beverage.  The idea came to me while I was thinking of new marketing techniques.  So here is my question: Would you buy a drink that was inspired by a book you read or would like to read?


I think the drink would have to have the name of the book in it--Obsidian.  Obsidian what?  Obsidian Dagger?  Obsidian Sangria?  (It would have to have wine in it.)


The main ingredients I’d want to include would be red wine, pineapple juice, and possibly some sort of chocolate liquor.  What do you think?  Good? Gross?  I haven’t actually tried anything out since I’m pregnant right now.


I’m thinking about possibly pitching it to a local bar to sell, and with every sale have them give out a bookmark.  Thoughts?


Does anyone else have any experience in bartending?  Have suggestions?  Leave me a comment or message here or on facebook or twitter, I’d love your input!


Are there any other paranormal books out there you think would inspire a good drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment